A MESSAGE FROM BELLEGROVE OB/GYN
Governor Inslee issued an order requiring WA residents to “Stay Home. Stay Healthy” starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020. Under this order, healthcare facilities such as Bellegrove OB/Gyn are deemed “essential businesses”. We want you to know our office will remain open to serve patients with urgent medical needs, and to care for our pregnant patients. We are dedicated to keeping you healthy through these stressful times.
A few updates:
1. Office hours temporarily now 9 AM until 6 PM Mon, Tues, and Thurs; 9 AM until 5 PM Wed and Fri
2. In trying to allow for social distancing, our goal is that no one be waiting in the reception area. We are spacing out visit times to accomplish this. We ask that no visitors come with you to your appointment: no husbands, children, nor others. When you arrive at the office you will be greeted by a Medical Assistant at the front door who will ask you a few screening questions and take your temperature. Once you enter the office you may need to stop briefly at the front desk, and will then be taken directly to an exam room. If we are running late, you may leave the office or wait in your car and we will call you on your cell phone to invite you in. Please be on time for your visit to enable us to see all patients efficiently. Our goal is to limit your appointment to necessary treatment and discussion. If more discussion is desired, we may arrange to call you by phone sometime after your visit. Please be tolerant of decreased contact time; it is for safety reasons!
3. Safety and health standards are being enforced. If you have any symptoms of a respiratory illness (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or body aches), please CALL our office and speak to a nurse BEFORE you come to your appointment!
4. Our staff will be wearing surgical masks and eye protection, and practicing social distancing in our common areas. This is both to protect you, your doctor, and our employees.
5. We want to continue seeing our obstetric patients and others who must be seen, but if you have an upcoming appointment for an annual Well Woman visit, and have no pressing concerns, we ask that you reschedule for June or later. We will gladly extend expiring prescriptions. If you do have concerns, we will evaluate the need for an office visit, or schedule you for a telehealth visit. Please see below.
A new service – TELEHEALTH!
Many medical issues do not require a physical exam and may be treated through video conferencing. This includes counselling for contraception, consultation for infertility, discussion and planning for evaluation of long-term issues (painful, heavy or irregular periods, etc.), genetic counseling, laboratory and imaging discussions, review of abnormal pap smears, and many other health issues not requiring a physical exam.
To enable Telehealth visits, we have purchased the platform Zoom for Healthcare. This is a convenient and easy to use service that is extremely secure and encrypted, HIPPA compliant, and available through any device with an internet connection, web browser, and camera (computer, tablet, cell phone). When we schedule your telehealth visit we will email you complete instructions on how to easily and securely connect with one click!
We are very excited to offer this new service and hope you find it helpful as we progress not only thru the current pandemic, but beyond. We see many benefits to telehealth at this time of crisis as well as for the future of medicine. We will be integrating this program into our workflow and will be scheduling appointments starting the week of March 30, 2020. Please call us at 425-455-0244 or go to our website Bellegroveobgyn.com to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you, at least on screen!
STAY HEALTHY. STAY SAFE.
– The Doctors and Staff at Bellegrove OB/Gyn